Friday 16 January 2009

Reasons I Love Chiapa de Corzo 1

Tucked away in the corner of the central plaza is the "Heladaria y Paletaria", or Ice Cream and Lolly Shop; the lynch pin of my daily routine. For a paltry ten pesos (roughly 50p) you can procure a nice chunky ice lolly crafted entirely from 100% pulped fruit. Mmmmmmm.

There´s all kinds of fresh fruit and veg sold around here; a bag of peeled and sliced mango from a street vendor can be yours for 10 pesos, and there's a fantastic fruit and veg market right around the corner from my house where I can purchase my weight in vitamin laden produce for considerably less than I experienced in the UK. It´s easy and cheap to eat healthily here, you´ve just got to try and avoid pounding yourself with the extensive and rigorously marketed range of sweets and soft drinks that seem to be a mainstay in the Mexican diet...


Chiapa de Corzo
24th January 2009




No comments:

Post a Comment