Tuesday 6 October 2009

You've Been a Very Bad Berry

I've just been introduced to the most vile fruit in existence. The nancite berry has absolutely no positive characteristics whatsoever; it has a mustardy yellow colour, chalky texture when eaten and bears an odour remarkably simular to vomit.

Rach and Simon, my able and willing guides in Nicaragua, warned me of the properties of this hell-berry, but persuaded me that it would be a suitably character building experience to try it. After a bit of nudging, I purchased a nice big glass of liquified nancite and proceeded to try and pack as much of it away as possible before the inevitable after-effects set in. Rach and Simon watched me from across the table with interest. I made it halfway down the glass before an aftertaste developed similar to that when one throws up in ones own mouth causing me to jettison the rest of the drink, making my excuses.

Surprisingly, the owner of the cafe told us that this was his most popular beverage; I suppose there's no accounting for taste...

Esteli, Nicaragua
6th October 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment